I am delighted that you have stumbled upon this website, or have it introduced to you by a friend. It is an online tool to use for shopping for fresh in season British fruit and vegetables. Also, it helps in seasonal foraging for wild edible products in Scotland, England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. I suppose it could work in the Republic of Ireland too because of the similar climate.
Gloryntine is unique because it was designed to incorporate the development of the newly created Oy’nissh food. It is the central point where English names for fruit and vegetables will be translated into Jamaican Oy’Nissh Language which is a virgin constructed language tool for aiding in the fun creation of recipes and menus.
Though it is still in it’s infancy, Gloryntine seeks to add nutritional information to help service users make wise choices in their daily diet. Included on this platform are articles on some seasonal fruit and vegetables written by a number of dietitians. These include nutritional content and some recommendations, including recipes. Most of the focus so far are on British seasonal food but there are few imports, included such as banana and grapefruit, of which nutritional information are available.
Gloryntine is easy to use because all you have to do is click and the seasons will pop up. Some benefits are:
- Clicking on the pictures and it takes you to the required destinations.
- Number count indicating how many fruit or vegetable are in season, at any given month.
- A drop down menu that also link to the type of fresh produce, season, or month.
- Drop down menu with information on fruit or vegetable nutrition.
- Tags on the right sidebar that you can click on the pin point specific features about various products such as plant colour, species, description, etc.
- Other tags that notify users of the latest nutritional information available.
- Some tags also identify the dietitians who have contributed to the richness of Gloryntine.
- Photos of every product that give an idea of how each product looks.
- It is free for all to use.
Do take all the time to explore and use it but also share with your family and friends so they can also benefit. There will be continued development which will include recommendations for seasonal Jamaican Oy’nissh dishes. Also, any other updates relevant to the integrity and up keep of this website will be do in due course. Thanks again for joining this online community and remember to leave a review and star rating on this site at any product or nutritional article that you’ve read. If you are on Google, please leave a review too by going to Gloryntine and editing in the review section.
For definition of the word Gloryntine, please click here.
Oy’Nissh GlorynTine GranDiece